Interaction
Interaction
Based on the activity I explored in the blog Just Have Fun with English, I chose to focus on Edpuzzle as the most interesting and engaging activity. Edpuzzle allows students to watch a video and interact with it by answering questions or responding to prompts during playback, making it a great tool for active learning.
Final Task for the Class:
I will create a task where students have to look for a video related to one of the grammatical contents studied this year in our English lessons (for example, the future tense or the first conditional).
Students will work in pairs or in groups of three. Once they have been divided into groups, they will have to choose one of the grammatical contents studied in class during this year.
When all groups have their topics, they will have to look for an appropiate video and create questions for their partners to answers. They must be related to the topic they are dealing with.
The goal of this task is to reinforce the students' understanding of the grammar point while also engaging them with a multimedia learning experience. The video will be relevant to their level and interests to ensure they stay motivated throughout the activity.
When students take it upon themselves to find a video, they take ownership of their learning. Their motivation and depth of understanding are much greater. You will get a lot more investment in the task if you allow them to choose topics that are personally relevant and interesting because it makes the task so much more engaging for them.
Since this is a collaborative task, where students work in pairs or small groups, it is much easier for peers to interact and share ideas. This aspect of learning makes the whole process of teaching grammar very dynamic and enables students to learn from each other — an atmosphere in which points can be reinforced much more effectively.
My student's project:



I really enjoyed reading your blog and seeing all the creative activities you’ve included. The Genially game is such a fun and engaging idea, it’s bound to motivate the students! I also love the use of Story Jumper, maybe it would have been a better option for the comic since, as you state, Pixton free version was quite short. Anyway, it’s super appealing and a great way to encourage creativity.
ResponderEliminarYour reflection on reading habits really resonated with me as well, I completely agree with your points there. The Time Toast activity is also an interesting concept, though I was a little unclear about the theme of the timeline. I also appreciate the useful links to English-related websites—they’re a fantastic resource for both teachers and students.
Honestly, I have nothing but respect for the effort you’ve put into creating and delivering these activities, knowing how challenging it can be as a teacher to make everything work. Great job!"
I really enjoyed reading your blog, especially the way you integrate different digital tools like Edpuzzle and TimeToast into your teaching. These resources seem to really promote creativity and allow students to engage with language in unique ways. I also appreciate how you provide clear instructions on how to use these tools, making it easier for teachers to implement them in their own classrooms.
ResponderEliminarOne suggestion for improvement could be to add a bit more variety in the types of activities you feature. While your current focus on video-based and timeline tools is excellent, including other types of learning resources (like podcasts, interactive discussions, or gamified activities) might offer even more options for different learning styles. Additionally, it might be interesting to see how you evaluate the usefulness of these tools in terms of student outcomes or specific learning goals.
In a nutshell, your blog is a great resource, offering practical and thoughtful advice for educators. I look forward to seeing more of your creative teaching ideas in the future!