"Reflect on Reading habits"

 "Reflect on Reading habits"

Looking at these pictures, I realize how my reading habits have changed over time. Reading has always been an important part of my life but, in the same way we can see in the pictures, the way I engage with books has changed significantly over the years. From childhood, when my reading choices were largely influenced by my parents or teachers, to adulthood, when I finally have the freedom to explore literature on my own terms, my journey as a reader has been one of both growth and discovery.

Looking at the pictures, I particularly relate to the second and third images. The second photograph, which depicts an adult guiding a child through a book, reminds me of my early experiences as a reader in Spanish. Like many children, I started reading with the help of my parents and teachers, who introduced me to books that nurtured my curiosity and comprehension skills. Over time, as I gained independence, I developed a taste for thrillers in Spanish, drawn to their suspenseful narratives and complex plots.

The third image, showing a person reading on a digital device, resonates with my current reading habits. Although I have always preferred reading on paper, I have increasingly turned to e-books due to space constraints and environmental concerns. While I still appreciate a physical book, I recognize the convenience and sustainability of digital formats, especially when traveling or carrying multiple books.

Regarding my reading preferences in different languages, I do not necessarily choose distinct types of texts based on the language. Instead, I prefer reading books in their original language whenever possible, as I believe this allows me to fully appreciate the author’s style and tone. This is particularly relevant when reading detective novels in English, where the richness of the language and the intricacies of the plot are best experienced in their intended form.

Reflecting on what type of texts I read, I realize I focus on literature to enjoy reading. Regarding academic texts, I always read them just if they are needed to anything related to my job or education. Sometimes, I read news articles when I interested in any topics regardless the language.

As for my reading habits, I dedicate time to reading during my free moments, on holidays, and invariably before going to sleep. Reading has become an essential part of my daily routine, allowing me to unwind and disconnect from the demands of the day. Whether in Spanish or English, in print or digital format, literature continues to be a source of enjoyment, intellectual engagement, and personal enrichment.

 


Comentarios

  1. Hi!
    Reading on holiday offers the advantage of relaxation and escape, allowing you to unwind from daily stresses while immersing yourself in a good book. It provides the perfect opportunity to explore new worlds, gain fresh perspectives, or simply enjoy some quiet time, all while being away from the usual distractions. What is more, reading during a holiday can enhance the overall experience by adding depth to the places you visit or helping you disconnect fully and recharge.

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario